Lotte’s Chocolate Brownies
Professional cook and broadcaster, Lotte Duncan, shares her recipe for chocolate brownies with a secret ingredient. The quickest of recipes and full of flavour - a perfect indulgent treat for while we’re waiting to be able to travel again!
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 125g melted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate drops
- 4 heaped tbsp good quality mincemeat
CREATING YOUR MASTERPIECE
- Line your baking tray with non-stick paper. Preheat the oven to 170°C (160°C fan oven).
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together either in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk and bowl. Whisk until pale and thick – this can take a few minutes. You really want to beat lots of air into them.
- Now add the melted butter and whisk again.
- Gently mix in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate drops and mincemeat.
- Pour the mixture into your lined tray and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, cool and cut.
Lotte Duncan is a professional cook, broadcaster and leading authority on English cooking. She is also patron and director of the Thame Food Festival and the Bradford-on-Avon Food Festival. Lotte travelled on the Travelsphere Amalfi Coast holiday.