Lotte Duncan's Amalfi Lemon and Basil Pasta
- 250g dried spaghetti
- Juice from 2 Amalfi lemons
- Stripped zest from 1 Amalfi lemon
- Grated zest from 1 Amalfi lemon
- (if not using Amalfi - Juice of 3 large lemons, Grated zest from 2 lemons and stripped zest from 1)
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 25g butter
- A large handful of fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g chopped pistachios
- Basil and grated parmesan cheese to serve
CREATING YOUR MASTERPIECE
- Boil a large pan of salted water with the stripped lemon zest in it and cook the spaghetti according to the instructions - but 2 minutes less than it says - al dente.
- Mix the lemon zest and lemon juice with the olive oil and parmesan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, melt the butter in a large saucepan and toss in the lemon sauce. Add the pasta and mix well with a little of the pasta cooking water.
- Tear the basil up, stir in and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with the pistachios on top and some more basil and cheese.