Jewels of Indochina
Uncover this trio of exotic countries as you explore pagodas and palaces in Vietnam, the remarkable Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia and the best-preserved city in South East Asia in Laos. Add a beach stay in Hoi An for a relaxing finalé to your holiday.
- Scheduled flights from Heathrow with Vietnam Airlines or similar scheduled airline
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- 11 nights’ hotel accommodation with breakfast plus 8 lunches and 3 dinners and 2 nights in flight
- 1 nights’ accommodation on board Bhaya Classic with breakfast
- The services of a Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guides
- Hotel porterage
Included holiday highlights
- Tour of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon
- Journey into the vast Mekong Delta and cruise its waterways
- Phnom Penh tour and visit to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- The UNESCO-listed Angkor Complex (two days)
- Cruise the great Tonle Sap Lake to see the floating villages
- Luang Prabang, and climb the 328 steps up Phousi Mountain
- Overnight cruise on Halong Bay and dine in a candlelit cave
- Early morning Tai Chi on board your boat
- Visit the fascinating Vietnamese capital of Hanoi City
This evening, why not start your explorations of Luang Prabang with a visit to the evening market, where a kilometre-long stretch of road is closed to traffic and turned into a shopping street.
Please note: This holiday includes walking in areas of rough ground, gradients and steps.
Experience even more of your destination by adding one or more optional excursions to your holiday before you set off. Right now is the perfect opportunity to do that – with everything booked and paid for you’ll have even more to get excited about and all you’ll need to think about while you’re away is having a great time.
By the way - look out for ‘Optional Excursion Packages’. For some holidays we’ve grouped a selection of excursions into a package which means you can make a saving when you book in advance.
Prices shown may vary according to departure date and are subject to change. The full range of excursions will be detailed in your holiday information pack, sent approximately 15 weeks prior to departure.
Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls
Must see - Minimal walking - Half day
Hanoi - Water Puppet Show
The puppets are made out of wood and then lacquered; they often weigh up to 15kg. The shows are performed in a waist-deep pool. A large rod supports the puppet under the water and is used by the puppeteers, who are normally hidden behind a screen, to control them. Thus the puppets appear to be moving over the water. When the rice fields would flood, the villagers would entertain each other using this form of puppet play.
The theme of the shows are rural and have strong reference to Vietnamese folklore. They tell of day-to-day living in rural Vietnam, stories of the harvest, fishing and festivals.
Unmissable – Minimal walking – approx 45 mins 1 hour show
Ho Chi Minh - Cu Chi Tunnels
Half day - Moderate walking - Historical Interest
Hotel facilities include a restuarant, bar and a spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, lounge, coffee shop, health club and sauna. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, mini-bar, coffee/tea-maker, safe and hairdryer.
Facilities on board include a restaurant, sundeck, cocktail bar, massage and spa area. Cabins have private facilities, air-conditioning, a picture window, hand-crafted hardwood furniture, hairdryer and mini-bar.
Travelsphere have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the hotel images provided on this website and images of room types displayed may vary to those offered on your tour. Therefore due to the possibility of inadvertent errors we do not guarantee their accuracy. Hotels are subject to change and will be confirmed in your final documents.
Take the opportunity to maximise your travel experience and extend your holiday with an add-on. The number of days and the price shown is inclusive of the main tour: