Tracking the ancient dusty corridors of the magnificent Pyramids, cruising along the site-studded Nile and drifting over the sun-baked desert are all on the itinerary of this mesmerising journey through Egypt by land, river and air.
- Scheduled flights from Heathrow with Egypt Air or similar schedule airline and internal flights
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation with breakfast
- 4 nights on a full-board basis on board MS Tamr Henna or similar
- The services of a Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Hotel porterage (one bag per person)
- All airport taxes, security charges, UK Airline Passenger Duty, all state and local taxes, plus ATOL protection fee.
Included holiday highlights
- Visit the legendary Pyramids, magnificent Sphinx and treasure-filled Egyptian Museum (full day)
- Tour of the vast Temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Descend into the tombs at the Valley of the Kings and visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Visit the well-preserved Temple of Horus and the town of Kom Ombo with its waterfront temple
- See the huge Aswan High Dam, the island temple of Philae Temple and the unfinished Obelisk
- Soak up Aswan’s sights on board a traditional felucca sailing boat
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the Old Cataract Hotel, where ‘Queen of Crime Agatha Christie penned ‘Death on the Nile’
- Enjoy a 4-night cruise down the River Nile on a 5-star cruiser
- Aswan tour, taking in the fabulous mosque and souk
- Abu Simbel by air to view ancient wonders
- The air trip to Abu Simbel can be pre-booked from just £245 per person (subject to change for 2016).
Close to the Pyramids lies the magnificent Sphinx, a huge statue of a recumbent lion with a human head believed to be fashioned in the likeness of the pharaoh Chephren. During the afternoon you will visit the world-famous Egyptian Museum in central Cairo, which houses one of the world’s richest collections of artefacts, including treasures from the tomb of Tutankhamun.
Luxor is a huge open-air museum set on both sides of the mighty Nile, where awe-inspiring sights will be brought to life thanks to the knowledge of the Local Guides who will accompany you on your cruise. Your first stop will be made at the vast Temples of Karnak and Luxor. Dedicated to the God Amun, Luxor was originally connected to Karnak – the oldest and most imposing temple complex, famous for its pillared halls, one of which boasts 134 gigantic columns.
Highlights include the Avenue of Sphinxes, the great Hypostyle Hall and Queen Hatshepsut’s pink granite obelisk. According to legend, a wish made beside the sacred temple lake is certain to come true!
During your cruise all meals are served on board your ship, which overnights in Luxor this evening.
On today’s tour you will also visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, dedicated to the cow-eared goddess Hathor, and see the Colossi of Memnon. Lunch is served on board as your cruise continues and passes through the locks at Esna, where your ship docks overnight.
Relax on deck as your ship sails on to Kom Ombo, where you’ll catch your first glimpse of this picturesque waterfront temple which is dedicated to two gods - Sobek the crocodile god and Horus the falcon-headed god. The unique layout features two temples in one, with each side having its own gateways and chapels. Your ship docks in Kom Ombo tonight.
Included today is a visit to the unfinished obelisk, the Aswan High Dam and the island temple of Philae. The dam’s 364ft high walls contain Lake Nasser, the world’s largest man-made reservoir at approximately 300 miles in length. We also include a trip aboard a felucca sailing boat around Elephantine Island and past the Mausoleum of the Aga Khan. With so much to see, we also include High Tea at the wonderful Old Cataract hotel, plus there is an optional Aswan Highlights tour to visit the fabulous Mosque and Souk.
After your excursion you will fly back to Aswan for an afternoon flight to Cairo, for our final overnight hotel stay.
Please note: This holiday includes walking in areas of rough ground, gradients and steps.
Experience even more of your destination by adding one or more optional excursions to your holiday before you set off. Right now is the perfect opportunity to do that – with everything booked and paid for you’ll have even more to get excited about and all you’ll need to think about while you’re away is having a great time.
By the way - look out for ‘Optional Excursion Packages’. For some holidays we’ve grouped a selection of excursions into a package which means you can make a saving when you book in advance.
Prices shown may vary according to departure date and are subject to change. The full range of excursions will be detailed in your holiday information pack, sent approximately 15 weeks prior to departure.
Please Note: This excursion runs at the same time as Abu Simbel.
Recommended - Moderate Walking - Excursion duration 2-3 hours (approx)
Sound and Light show - Cairo
Entertaining - Minimal Walking - Excursion duration 2-3 hours (approx)
Abu Simbel air trip - Prebookable Only
Highlight - Moderate/Strenuous walking - Excursion duration 6 hours (approx)
Please Note: To guarantee your place on this excursion you must book it at least 5 weeks prior to departure. We are able to request extra places later than 5 weeks prior to tour but this cannot be guaranteed.
Luxor by Horse and Carriage
Relaxing - Minimal Walking - Excursion duration 1 hour (approx)
Hotel facilities include a selection of restuarants and bars, a swimming pool and a spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar and a TV.
facilities onboard include a sun deck with a swimming pool, bar, dining room, library and fitness room equipped with a sauna and Jacuzzi bath. Cabins have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe and a TV.
Hotel facilities include a selection of restuarants, a bar and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe and a TV.
Travelsphere have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the hotel images provided on this website and images of room types displayed may vary to those offered on your tour. Therefore due to the possibility of inadvertent errors we do not guarantee their accuracy. Hotels are subject to change and will be confirmed in your final documents.
Take the opportunity to maximise your travel experience and extend your holiday with an add-on. The number of days and the price shown is inclusive of the main tour: