It is a condition of booking that you are adequately insured. We offer an excellent, fully comprehensive insurance policy. Please call one of our Holiday Advisors for more details.
It is important that you declare all medical conditions for yourself and anyone insured on your policy. If you make a claim for a pre-existing medical condition that you have not declared and has not been agreed in writing, your claim will be declined. You will not be covered under this policy for any Cancellation, Curtailment, Trip Interruption, Additional Accommodation and Travelling costs, Medical Expenses and Repatriation, Hospital Benefit or Personal Accident claims arising directly or indirectly from:
At the time of taking out this policy
- Any medical condition you have, or have had, that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up/check-up has been required or received during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy
- Any cancer, respiratory, cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under this policy, unless shown on the Automatically Accepted Minor Conditions list.
Unless you have contacted Holiday Extras and they have agreed, in writing, to cover you. when you contact the Holiday extras medical screening line on 0845 458 0748, you must provide details of all medical conditions. Lines are open during normal office hours.
IIf you have medical conditions and they are all within the table of Automatically Accepted Minor Conditions these will be covered under the policy without the need to contact us and without additional charge provided:
- the insured person is not awaiting surgery for the condition, and
- the insured person has been fully discharged from any post-operative follow-up, and
- the insured person meets the criteria stated next to the condition
You must declare ALL medical conditions if:
- an insured person has any medical condition which is not in the Automatically Accepted Minor Conditions list, and/or
- an insured person has any in the Automatically Accepted Minor Conditions list which is awaiting surgery or the insured person has not been discharged from any post operative follow up, and/or
- an insured person does not meet the criteria stated next to the condition, and/or
- an insured person has more than one of the conditions listed in NOTE 1 at the end of the list of conditions.
- Any medical condition for which you, a Close Relative, a travelling companion or a person with whom you intend to stay whilst on your trip have received a terminal prognosis.
- Any medical condition for which you, a Close Relative, a travelling companion or a person with whom you intend to stay whilst on your trip are aware of but have not had a diagnosis.
- Any medical condition for which you, a Close Relative, a travelling companion or a person with whom you intend to stay whilst on your trip are on a waiting list for or have knowledge of the need for surgery, treatment or investigation at a hospital, clinic or nursing home.
At any time
- Any medical condition you have in respect of which a medical practitioner has advised not to travel (or would have done so had you sought his/her advice), but despite which you still travel.
- Any surgery, treatment or investigations for which you intend to travel outside of your home area to receive (including expenses incurred due to the discovery of other medical conditions during and/or complications arising from these procedures).
- Any medical condition for which you are not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a medical practitioner.
- Your travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider.
You must be a UK resident, and aged under 86 at the time of taking out this policy.
You will not be covered for any Cancellation, Curtailment or Trip Interruption claims for any medical condition affecting you, a Close Relative or a travelling companion that you are aware of at the time of booking any trip which could reasonably have been expected to lead to cancellation or curtailment of the trip.
This policy will not cover any Cancellation, Curtailment or Trip Interruption claims arising directly or indirectly from any pre-existing medical condition known to you before the start of the period of insurance affecting a close relative or travelling companion who is not insured under this policy, or a person with whom you intend to stay whilst on your trip if:
- They had received a terminal prognosis at the start of the period of insurance, or
- They were on a waiting list for, or knew they needed surgery, inpatient treatment or investigation at any hospital or clinic at the start of the period of insurance, or
- They were aware of a medical condition or suffering from symptoms but had not had a diagnosis at the start of the period of insurance, or
- They have had surgery, inpatient treatment or hospital consultations in the 90 days before the start of the period of insurance.
NB: A statement of cover will be sent with your confirmation of booking. If required, a copy will be sent on request prior to booking. Details valid for policies issued up to 31 December 2011 for trips starting on or before March 2013.
We will provide the services and benefits described in this policy to persons who habitually reside in the UK area (ie have their main home in the UK Area and have not spent more than 6 months abroad in the year prior to purchasing the policy).
Avoid the Excess for £9 (aged 64 and under) £18 (65-74) £27 (75-85)
The policy excesses are applied per person and for each separate part of any claim. These excesses can quickly mount up to become a significant sum. From just £9 per person, you can avoid any excesses being applied.
Annual multi trip insurance
If you are a frequent traveller, aged 75 or under, and are interested in an annual insurance policy, Holiday Extras will be pleased to offer you an individual quotation. Please ring them direct on 0871 360 2755. When comparing quotations be careful to check like-for-like cover.
It’s particularly important to ensure that you are fully covered for all of the activities that you plan to undertake on your holiday. If you’ve purchased a holiday insurance policy from us, you should be aware that you won’t be covered for any claims connected with the following activities:
- American football*
- Animal conservation/game reserve work
- Bungee jumping (up to 3)*
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Cross channel swimming
- Dune safari with 4x4*
- Hang gliding*
- High diving
- Hot air ballooning
- Hydro zorbing/zorbing
- Ice sailing/Ice windsurfing
- Jet boating
- Jet skiing
- Kite kurfing/landboarding/buggying
- Martial arts (training only)
- Motorcycling (over 50cc - no racing)*
- Motorcycling (under 50cc - no racing)
- Mountain biking
- Mountain boarding
- Parascending (over land)*
- Quad biking*
- Rowing (inland & coastal)
- Sand boarding/sail boarding
- Sand yachting
- Scuba diving
- Skiing (dry slope)
- Sky diving*
- War games (non-armed forces)
- Water skiing
- White/black water rafting (grade 5&6)*
- Weight lifting
- Yachting (racing/crewing) – outside coastal waters*
If you intend to undertake any of these activities or other activities which have an increased level of risk, either as part of the holiday package bought or independently then you are responsible for ensuring that the insurance cover you have is sufficient.
If you have purchased your holiday insurance policy from us, it’s possible to increase the level of cover to include participation in these activities for an additional premium of £10 per person.
Cover under the personal liability & personal accident sections of the policy is excluded, and the medical excess is increased to £250 for those activities marked with an asterisk (*).
If you’d like to take this additional cover, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 0844 567 9966. If you’ve arranged your insurance through an alternative provider then you must ensure that the cover provided covers the activities listed above and any other activities which you plan to participate in.